I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Today, I turn 27. This year, I really thought hard about my list of things I want to accomplish before this time next year. I think I did so horribly last year on my list because I didn't make a plan for how to achieve them. This year, theses are being printed out and posted. No more out of sight out of mind. Here goes the list!
- Learn Dutch: This is my number one priority this year. I know, I say this every year, but this year there will be no other distractions.
- Learn to Sew: I really really want to learn to sew. Really really! Someone teach me please?
- Ride my Bike to Work: My new job participates in the National Bike Program, which means that I can get a brand new bike for very cheap. It would take me 40 minutes each way, which is less time than the bus takes.
- Grow my Blog: Just be a blogger in general. What kind of posts do you like? What do you want to see from me?
- Be a More Active Commenter: I am such a blog creeper, its time to start connecting with my favs!
- Organize More Blogger Brunches: Ladies it has been too long!
- Become a Better Photographer: We just bought our first DSLR and now, we want to learn how to use it. And, I want there to be more photos here in each post.
- Take Care of my Health: It is time to get serious about my health, especially since there might be a chance there might be babies in the not so distance future.
- Start Exercising: There is a gym less than a 2 minute walk from my flat. I need to at least check it out.
- Try a New Sport: I promised my doctor I would.
- Write More Letters. This is one of the reasons why I love the Snail Mail Collective. I can't wait to introduce you guys to my partner this month!
- Be a Better Godmother: Being far away from my family is the only thing I hate about living abroad. I'm going to make more of an effort to have regular skype dates with my godbabies!
- Skype More with Friends: I miss you guys! Thanks for still making the effort to be my friend even though I live so very far away.
- Become a Better Cook: We have been stuck in a rut. I want to try new recipes and different cuisines from around the world.
- Do More Online Courses: Just because I'm not in college anymore doesn't mean I don't want to learn.
- Save 1/3 from Each Paycheck: Just because I am making more money doesn't mean I need to go on a spending spree. This is a mistake soo many of us make.
- Finally Put Pen to Paper on 1 of the 3 Novels Floating in my Head:
- Go on More Dates: Hooray for having the same days off as your love!
- Develop a Personal Style: I am the queen of t-shirts and jeans, which is great if you are in college, not to cute when you are now 3 years shy of 30.
- Keep the House Company Ready at All Times: I hate hate hate cleaning, but I do love how relaxed and inspiring a clean house can be. I also want to have dinner parties.
- Hang More Photos: We have lived here almost two years and there is no art on the walls! No wonder I don't feel like this place is super cozy and welcoming.
- Explore more of the Netherlands: I have more weekend time off to go and explore some places a slightly longer train ride away from Utrecht.
- Take Full Advantage of my Vacation Days: One of the best things about working in Europe, the amount on vacation days you get!
- Dance in my Kitchen: Because it makes me happy!
- Watch Every Episode of Gilmore Girls, Again: Even though I love living in Europe, I really wish that Star's Hollow existed.
- Appreciate the Magic of Everyday Life: It is easy to appreciate the big events in your life, but appreciating the little things in life can go a long way towards making you happy.
- Accomplish my List this Year: Last year, I lost focus on what I wanted. This year, I am going to check back on my list to remind myself what I wanted to accomplish.
- Be Happy!
Whew, 28 things is a lot of stuff! Think I can do it?
Tell me, what do you want to accomplish this year? How do you keep yourself motivated?
Until next time,