It had been unbelievably gorgeous here in the Netherlands this week. In fact, it might have even been a little too hot. This is coming from a girl who was born in Florida and grew up in Georgia. But in the Deep South, we believe in air conditioning! Which is something I've discovered Europeans do not take much faith in. I've met some great new people, traveled a bit, hid from the world because I was sick of traveling. And, I took some great pictures.
On Monday, I helped out a new batch of journalism students with the same project I helped out with back in March. And, I took some time to hang out in my favorite building in Utrecht. The Centraal Branch of the Library. There is some lovely stained glass in there, including this window.
I like to call these flowers which are actually weeds, Dutch Morning Glories, because they disappear as the day goes on.
I had my second Inburgering meeting this week. The office was about a 25 minute walk from my house. It would have been faster by bike, but as a novice, I make it a point to not bike when I don't know where I am going. Walking also allowed me to take in the scenery more. I discovered this park on my way. It has the mounds that make it interesting because, The Netherlands is flat. This is De Hoge Weide Park.
I feel really bad for my really fluffy cat Atticus, I am sure he is hot. This week, he has been using his paw to open the door to my wardrobe. He then gets stuck in there, but he seems to be happy about it. I think the material it is made of stays cool, so he likes it. Or he is just a freak!
Like I said, it was gorgeous here this week!
We don't have a balcony because we live on the bottom. We also don't have a garden, so we have no outdoor entertaining space to speak of. We do however have garden walls which are just wide enough for my butt. This week, I have taken to sitting outside on the stone with a glass of wine and a book. I'm reading The Discovery of Heaven for my Utrecht Book Club. It is a very popular Dutch novel, but we are reading it in English. Also, notice my awesome foot tan line.
Yes, I live here! Utrecht's Dom Tower looks magnificent in the sunshine!
- Here is the list of 13 Things I took for Granted whilst living in the US.
- My 2nd Inburgering interview didn't go as I planned.
- I updated my About Me Page.
How was your week?
- That sounds awesome! 1 week 4 days ago
- Greek cheese pie made with 1 week 4 days ago
- Happy Thanksgiving! I won't 1 week 5 days ago
- Thank you Sophia! I would 1 week 5 days ago
- Happy Thanksgiving Kaitlin! 1 week 5 days ago
- Sorry you had a bad day. :( 1 week 5 days ago
- Hurray for expat 2 weeks 3 days ago
- I highly recommend hosting a 3 weeks 23 hours ago
- Hopping over from Melyssa's 3 weeks 23 hours ago
- I'm so excited you're doing 3 weeks 6 days ago