It had been unbelievably gorgeous here in the Netherlands this week. In fact, it might have even been a little too hot. This is coming from a girl who was born in Florida and grew up in Georgia. But in the Deep South, we believe in air conditioning! Which is something I've discovered Europeans do not take much faith in. I've met some great new people, traveled a bit, hid from the world because I was sick of traveling. And, I took some great pictures.
On Monday, I helped out a new batch of journalism students with the same project I helped out with back in March. And, I took some time to hang out in my favorite building in Utrecht. The Centraal Branch of the Library. There is some lovely stained glass in there, including this window.
I like to call these flowers which are actually weeds, Dutch Morning Glories, because they disappear as the day goes on.
I had my second Inburgering meeting this week. The office was about a 25 minute walk from my house. It would have been faster by bike, but as a novice, I make it a point to not bike when I don't know where I am going. Walking also allowed me to take in the scenery more. I discovered this park on my way. It has the mounds that make it interesting because, The Netherlands is flat. This is De Hoge Weide Park.
I feel really bad for my really fluffy cat Atticus, I am sure he is hot. This week, he has been using his paw to open the door to my wardrobe. He then gets stuck in there, but he seems to be happy about it. I think the material it is made of stays cool, so he likes it. Or he is just a freak!
Like I said, it was gorgeous here this week!
We don't have a balcony because we live on the bottom. We also don't have a garden, so we have no outdoor entertaining space to speak of. We do however have garden walls which are just wide enough for my butt. This week, I have taken to sitting outside on the stone with a glass of wine and a book. I'm reading The Discovery of Heaven for my Utrecht Book Club. It is a very popular Dutch novel, but we are reading it in English. Also, notice my awesome foot tan line.
Yes, I live here! Utrecht's Dom Tower looks magnificent in the sunshine!
- Here is the list of 13 Things I took for Granted whilst living in the US.
- My 2nd Inburgering interview didn't go as I planned.
- I updated my About Me Page.
How was your week?
- Umm, hey, I can't take 100% 21 hours 54 min ago
- That was such an action 1 day 21 hours ago
- It really was super fun. And 2 days 43 min ago
- Oh my gosh, thank you for 2 days 3 hours ago
- I love it too! We missed you 2 days 3 hours ago
- I'm also looking forward to 2 days 3 hours ago
- Thank you! I'm glad you found 2 days 3 hours ago
- I'm going to get one with 2 days 3 hours ago
- I will totally come visit you 2 days 3 hours ago
- Maybe because you still work 2 days 15 hours ago