It occurs to me that I haven't been doing the best job in keeping up with my blog since actually moving to The Netherlands. I have a variety of excuses for this, from not having internet to not liking the keyboard on Loek's laptop. But mostly, I have just been burnt out and lazy. If I have any faithful readers left, I hope you will be happy to know that my 2012 New Year's Resolutions is to redevote my time to writing. My second resolution is to keep my promises.
2011 was a great year for me! I fulfilled my lifelong dream of moving to Europe and my adulthood dream of living with the love of my life. I got engaged, the first of the 3 Musketeers had a baby, and my Godson Logan was born. I left a job that was slowly killing me and I am now free to pursue whichever avenue I see fit. If I had one piece of sage wisdom to pass on it would be this- Follow your own path, doing what is expected of you is not the key to happiness. Following your heart is.
I can only hope that 2012 will continue to build on 2011. For those of you who had a shitty year in 2011, remember that tomorrow is another year. May all of you have great years in 2012 and here's hoping the world doesn't end!
- That sounds awesome! 1 week 6 days ago
- Greek cheese pie made with 1 week 6 days ago
- Happy Thanksgiving! I won't 2 weeks 15 hours ago
- Thank you Sophia! I would 2 weeks 15 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving Kaitlin! 2 weeks 15 hours ago
- Sorry you had a bad day. :( 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Hurray for expat 2 weeks 6 days ago
- I highly recommend hosting a 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Hopping over from Melyssa's 3 weeks 3 days ago
- I'm so excited you're doing 4 weeks 1 day ago