This week has severely kicked my butt! This is the first week since I moved to The Netherlands that I have had something that I've had to do everyday of the week. On Tuesday, I finally began my Nederlands courses. You will remember that I had a minor freak out about these the week before. (Okay, let's be honest, huge freak out). I am happy to say that the first week was not as bad as it could have been. Yes, I am slightly far behind the class. But, not embarrassingly so. I must say that three classes a week, plus one mandatory computer lab day, all for 3 hours and 15 minutes, plus an additional two hours of homework before each class is a bit much.
The way my class is organized, there is a lot of working together with a partner. This is okay, I have been partnered up with a very sweet guy from Turkey most of the week, but I can't help but feel that maybe learning our pronunciations of the words from other students is helping no one when communicating with actual Nederlanders. In fact, when I come home and tell The Verlo- what I have learned each day, he says he hasn't a clue what I am even trying to say. Another thing that I don't particularly like is the once a week computer labs. We have to sign in so it counts towards our 80% attendance.( Or else you have to pay 260 euros) However, there is nothing that we do that we in there that we don't have access to at home, and my computer is a whole lot faster! But, oh well. This also means that before we break for a month and a half in July, I will have significant less classes then I originally thought.
There is still no word about what will happen in September when I need to switch to evening classes in order to attend my Hogeschool. I've decided that I worry too much about things I can not control, things will work out one way or another.
- Thinking of you and your 5 days 12 hours ago
- Visiting Holland 3 months 7 hours ago
- I tried indoor skying and 4 months 3 days ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 5 months 1 week ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 5 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 5 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I think I did 5 months 1 week ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 5 months 1 week ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 6 months 3 days ago
- So glad you're back! 6 months 4 days ago