Trash is interesting here in The Netherlands. For months after we moved into our apartment, there was a dumpster as construction crews were still working on the building next door. We now have these contraptions on our street. You put your trash in them and it disappears. Sometimes, household items are put out by them, but they almost always disappear into someone else's house before the garbage truck comes.
When you get bigger bottles here, they charge you .25. If you return the bottles you get that money back. If you want a grocery bag here, you have to buy it. For other recycling, some grocery stores have mini recycling centers in front of them.
All and all, it is a pretty cool system. If only people would use it! There are some serious litterbugs here!
- Thinking of you and your 3 weeks 5 days ago
- Visiting Holland 3 months 3 weeks ago
- I tried indoor skying and 4 months 3 weeks ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 6 months 1 day ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 6 months 1 day ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 6 months 1 day ago
- Oh man, I think I did 6 months 1 day ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 6 months 4 days ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 6 months 3 weeks ago
- So glad you're back! 6 months 3 weeks ago