Trash is interesting here in The Netherlands. For months after we moved into our apartment, there was a dumpster as construction crews were still working on the building next door. We now have these contraptions on our street. You put your trash in them and it disappears. Sometimes, household items are put out by them, but they almost always disappear into someone else's house before the garbage truck comes.
When you get bigger bottles here, they charge you .25. If you return the bottles you get that money back. If you want a grocery bag here, you have to buy it. For other recycling, some grocery stores have mini recycling centers in front of them.
All and all, it is a pretty cool system. If only people would use it! There are some serious litterbugs here!
- Umm, hey, I can't take 100% 23 hours 38 min ago
- That was such an action 1 day 23 hours ago
- It really was super fun. And 2 days 2 hours ago
- Oh my gosh, thank you for 2 days 5 hours ago
- I love it too! We missed you 2 days 5 hours ago
- I'm also looking forward to 2 days 5 hours ago
- Thank you! I'm glad you found 2 days 5 hours ago
- I'm going to get one with 2 days 5 hours ago
- I will totally come visit you 2 days 5 hours ago
- Maybe because you still work 2 days 16 hours ago