I briefly touched on how much I love the Dutch sky in my post 10 Things I Still Love About My New Home After 3 Months. There is something so breathtaking about the way the sunshine passes through the clouds here, that it paints the landscape in a beautiful golden sheen. Dutch light has long been a phenomenon in the art world. If you want to see what I am referring you have only to look at the work one of the most famous Dutch artists, Johannes Vermeer. Pictures hardly do it justice, but here are some of the best ones I have.
Street view Delft
Street view Leiden
A few have asked where this Photo Challenge comes from. It comes from fat mum slim. You can still sign up for the rest of the month.
- Thinking of you and your 4 days 3 min ago
- Visiting Holland 2 months 4 weeks ago
- I tried indoor skying and 4 months 2 days ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 5 months 1 week ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 5 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 5 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I think I did 5 months 1 week ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 5 months 1 week ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 6 months 1 day ago
- So glad you're back! 6 months 2 days ago