All friendships take work. But, when you move across the planet and leave behind a great group of friends, you make sure you make it work. You need a good support system behind you. While I was not naive enough to think that I would continue to be as close to everyone I left behind, I do have a group of people that I work hard to talk to be it Skype, g chat, Facebook chat, whathaveyou, that I make sure and talk to on a regular basis.
One such friend is Katie. I met Katie through my old job. The one great thing about that job was that it allowed me to meet some really awesome and talented people. Katie is a very opinionated person with a love for animals. She even has a blog called Life with Arie, in which she blogs about different pet related things and her adorable white German Shepard.
The last time I saw Katie, she pretty much threatened my life if I didn't keep in touch. I'm glad to say my life is not in danger. If you are thinking about becoming an expat, I suggest you hang on to your support system back home. They are a bright light on the lonely days you are going to have!
- Welcome back! 3 weeks 6 days ago
- Hi Kaitlin, 4 weeks 1 day ago
- Thinking of you and your 2 months 1 week ago
- Visiting Holland 5 months 2 days ago
- I tried indoor skying and 6 months 5 days ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 7 months 1 week ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 7 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 7 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I think I did 7 months 1 week ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 7 months 2 weeks ago