All friendships take work. But, when you move across the planet and leave behind a great group of friends, you make sure you make it work. You need a good support system behind you. While I was not naive enough to think that I would continue to be as close to everyone I left behind, I do have a group of people that I work hard to talk to be it Skype, g chat, Facebook chat, whathaveyou, that I make sure and talk to on a regular basis.
One such friend is Katie. I met Katie through my old job. The one great thing about that job was that it allowed me to meet some really awesome and talented people. Katie is a very opinionated person with a love for animals. She even has a blog called Life with Arie, in which she blogs about different pet related things and her adorable white German Shepard.
The last time I saw Katie, she pretty much threatened my life if I didn't keep in touch. I'm glad to say my life is not in danger. If you are thinking about becoming an expat, I suggest you hang on to your support system back home. They are a bright light on the lonely days you are going to have!
- That sounds awesome! 1 week 17 hours ago
- Greek cheese pie made with 1 week 1 day ago
- Happy Thanksgiving! I won't 1 week 1 day ago
- Thank you Sophia! I would 1 week 1 day ago
- Happy Thanksgiving Kaitlin! 1 week 1 day ago
- Sorry you had a bad day. :( 1 week 2 days ago
- Hurray for expat 2 weeks 15 hours ago
- I highly recommend hosting a 2 weeks 4 days ago
- Hopping over from Melyssa's 2 weeks 4 days ago
- I'm so excited you're doing 3 weeks 2 days ago