Isn't it always the case that you find out about a great event the day it is happening? Or, you browse a ton of sites looking for what is interesting to you, but you are 5 pages deep and everything has to do with techno music or mommy and me? Sorry, just tried to think of things I have no interest in. I mean this happens to you too, right? Which is why I have decided to put together a guide for people like me on what to do in the Netherlands each month.
Let's start with Utrecht, because well this is where I live.
- Cafe Theater Festival: March 1st-3rd, Various Locations. FREE. Even if you don't speak Dutch, this free festival which happens in cafes throughout the city will be entertaining, All you have to do is look at the schedule and go to the performances of your choice. Last year, Loek and I stumbled in on Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Unfortunately, I'm home sick today and have to work all weekend.
- Big Spring Sale: March 3rd, 13:00 to 17:00, Utrecht Central Library Branch. This sale of movies, cds, and books is a great place to get some materials for practicing your dutch.
- Stitch 'n Bitch: Every Tuesday, 19:30, Winkel Van Sinkel. FREE. Bring your knitting needles and engage in some gossip every Tuesday.
- Delivered Ideals- Peace of Utrecht: March 11th, 20:00, Academy Building University of Utrecht. FREE. I am sure I mentioned before that this year marks the 300th anniversary of Treaty of Utrecht. As such the University is putting on a series of lectures about peace in our times. Lectures are in English.
- Rock-a-oke: March 16, 21:30, Stairway to Heaven. FREE. Have you ever sung karaoke with a live band? I have once and it reaffirmed everyone's belief that I should never, ever be allowed to sing in public. But it was really fun! You can live like a rock star for just one night.
- Jesus Christ Superstar: March 25th, 20:00, Beatrix Theater, 30 Euros. I have a thing for Rock Operas, I have no idea what language this will be in and I'm particularly broke this month. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't go!
Did I miss something awesome? Let me know! Tomorrow, we will check out what is happening in the rest of the Netherlands.
- Thanks! 8 hours 35 min ago
- I love that video! I love 14 hours 22 min ago
- As an American in the 19 hours 38 min ago
- Congrats! I can feel you 19 hours 43 min ago
- This video sums up so many of 2 days 13 hours ago
- GET A NEW BIKE! Then we can 4 days 20 hours ago
- I know exactly how you feel 5 days 22 hours ago
- I'm looking forward to 6 days 12 hours ago
- Oh man, I love that Atonement 1 week 4 days ago
- It is hard to compare grades 1 week 4 days ago