It is a week until my 26th Birthday! Happy Birthday Alice! Since there is only a week to go before I am 26, I wanted to revisit my list of 26 Things Before I´m 26. I didn´t do as well, but to be fair, when you move to another country, all your plans go topsy/turvy. Hopefully, now that I know what life is like here, I can make a better list next week for 27 Things Before I´m 27.
Move to Utrecht. Done and Done!
2. Be able to communicate in Dutch. I´m so much better than a year ago, but I am far from fluent.
3. Get married, I'm engaged so this isn't a huge jump. I feel married, does that count?
4. Take up ballet again. I finally have a job, maybe I can look into this.
Find a core group of friends in my new country. I am happy to say I have friends, and I am meeting new people all the time!
6. Develop a sense of personal style and dress accordingly.Maybe when I lose weight I will buy some new clothes!
Learn to bake and cook in my Nederlands kitchen I cook almost everyday.
8. Start my tour guide business. I decided to go to Uni for first!
9. Learn to sew. Curtains count right?
10. Go to Paris. (I went when I was 11, but the Louvre was on strike the whole time) Maybe this year...
Write letters to my friends back home. Christmas cards.
12. Get back to the weight that feels best on my frame. Not yet, but I have been re-inspired by the Olympics!
Read 100 new books, including some classics. Probably should have added some more classics, but I did alright.
14. Start making metal jewelry again. I've made some designs.
15. Book my honeymoon, we probably wont go right after the wedding. Not relevant until we get married.
Learn how to share, I was practically an only child. I've been a lot less selfish this year.
17. Become an expert bike rider. Still working on it.
18. Attend Amsterdam Fashion Week. Maybe this year?
19. Knit a sweater. I made half a scarf.
Learn the art of light layers.
Eat better, I have a horrible diet.
Start bringing in money again. Yay, new job!
23. Continue adding to the retirement fund. Yay, new job!
Get over my fear of boats.
Stick to my plans.
Look for my new list on the 14th!
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 2 weeks 3 days ago
- Oh man, I think I did 2 weeks 3 days ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 1 month 1 week ago
- So glad you're back! 1 month 1 week ago
- Thank you! 1 month 1 week ago
- Good luck with writing, and 1 month 1 week ago
- That sounds awesome! 3 months 1 week ago