We are not really the couple that gets all dressed up for regular date nights. For one, it just isn't really our scene, and we were on one income for a very long time. We do make the occasional exception when it is a special occasion. Which is why we found ourselves in the center of Utrecht Friday night to celebrate my one year Nederland anniversary. We ended up having dinner at our favorite restaurant on the Oudegracht, Den Draeck or The Dragon.
Loek ordered his usual, the Steak Den Draeck, but I decided that I would try the new surf and turf. This is what arrived.
I know, it is the weirdest surf and turf I have ever seen, too! To be fair, I snapped this photo after I ate most of the shrimp. It was really tasty too, just not at all what I was expecting. After dinner, which ended at about 8pm because we like to eat early (Loek likes to eat early) we were walking through Hoog Catharijne (think like a mall that attaches to the train station) and we were stop by a girl asking us if we would like to attend the closing movie for the Nederlands Film Festival for free in about 30 minutes. Of course we said yes, and that is how we found ourselves at my first Dutch movie sans subtitles, Pizza Maffia. Both the girl who gave us the tickets and Loek were concerned that I wouldn't be able to follow the movie. But, I didn't have a problem at all! The movie actually wasn't bad. I think maybe I liked it a little more than the average because it has to do with my with job.
After the film, the director and the camera man stopped by to answer the audience's questions. All and all, not a bad night to celebrate being here for a year!
- Welcome back! 3 weeks 6 days ago
- Hi Kaitlin, 4 weeks 1 day ago
- Thinking of you and your 2 months 1 week ago
- Visiting Holland 5 months 2 days ago
- I tried indoor skying and 6 months 5 days ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 7 months 1 week ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 7 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 7 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I think I did 7 months 1 week ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 7 months 2 weeks ago