I love living with The Verlo- everyday is filled with love and laughter, and it is amazing to finally after four years live with the one I am supposed to be with. I also love where we live. We live in a section of Utrecht called Leidsche Rijn. It is an up and coming area, within biking distance of the city center, but with a I can be in the country in minutes feel. It is also right next to a park, where ruins of a castle that predates when the Romans invaded Utrecht. The ruins were part of the reason I was so excited to live in this community. Those who know me personally know how much of a history buff I am.
This however, has proved to be a curse, rather than a blessing because, I fear our apartment was built on the ancient burial grounds of the castle. Just too many weird stuff happens in this house for it to be pure coincidence. For starters, almost all of our electrical items have either not worked at all since we have moved or have just gone out. Loek's computer, our stovetop, and last night our washer broke and flooded our storage room. And you know that beautiful wallpaper my future inlaws put up for us? It is all peeling and falling down. They are not amateurs either. It is simply to strange and upsetting for words. We haven't been able to hang up any overhead lights because we can not drill into the ceiling to attach them properly. Loek even got mildly electrocuted.
I know that I must sound like a lunatic, but I really believe this house has some bad cosmic energy. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the chi of our home, I am up for suggestions.And, in case you were wondering, I still love living in The Netherlands.
- Welcome back! 1 month 2 weeks ago
- Hi Kaitlin, 1 month 2 weeks ago
- Thinking of you and your 2 months 4 weeks ago
- Visiting Holland 5 months 3 weeks ago
- I tried indoor skying and 6 months 3 weeks ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 8 months 2 days ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 8 months 2 days ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 8 months 3 days ago
- Oh man, I think I did 8 months 3 days ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 8 months 6 days ago