I've written quite a bit about my preparations for Atti's move with me to The Netherlands. This is because, it is quite a process and there is not too much online that makes it really easy. Last Saturday, Atti and I went to our USDA approved vet to have his European Microchip put in, as well as his rabies shot. I wrote a post about where to find a Euro Microchip, for those of you who are interested. You have to get a rabies shot either after or at the same time as the microchip insertion. I took Atti in a different carrier because I did not want him to associate his Sherpa bag with a negative experience.
Atti, was great. The vet said he was a fantastically behaved kitty, which of course I knew. The Euro 998 form was filled out and now I just have to send it into the Georgia USDA office to get it signed. Also, because he is flying with me and not below, he can be sedated. Which is awesome for everyone. It means he can go to sleep and wake up in Holland. The other passeng intereers wont be bothered either. Everyone will be a lot happier.
Atti did not want to get back into the carrier after his ordeal, so he crawled into my purse. He was so cute and comfy that I just carried him out that way. It is such a relief to have Atti, unlike myself, almost ready to go.
- Thinking of you and your 6 days 11 hours ago
- Visiting Holland 3 months 1 day ago
- I tried indoor skying and 4 months 4 days ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 5 months 1 week ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 5 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 5 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I think I did 5 months 1 week ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 5 months 2 weeks ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 6 months 4 days ago
- So glad you're back! 6 months 4 days ago