It seems rather apropos that the date of my initial interview to start the inburgering process is on the anniversary of my first landing at Schiphol, a year ago today. Almost six months to the day, I would land again, but this time to make The Netherlands my permanent home. I'm actually quite pleased with myself that I managed to save up enough to move in such a short time.
When I first came to visit, there was a lot of pressure as to whether or not I could see myself making this country my home. I think The Verlo- who was just the boyfriend then was quite nervous. Luckily, my suspicions were confirmed and I fell in love immediately with the country. That first trip, we wandered around the streets of Amsterdam, went to Lisse,the Keukenhof,(and Keukenhof Kasteel) and hung around Utrecht. I ate a ton of frites and bami's. I met some people that are an integral part to The Verlos- life and most important, I got to hang out with the man I love and be amazed at the swirling dervish of bicycles.
Fast forward a year later and I am starting to really feel like I am making my way slowly but surely into my new life here in The Netherlands. I look to my interview today as the first step to becoming more a part of society here in The Netherlands. I just really wish I wasn't hacking up a lung every three minutes because I am sure that will make a grand impression on my contact! I'll be sure to let you guys all know how it went tomorrow.
Any last minute tips on the interview?
So much has changed in a year, including my hair! Egads, not my favorite look of mine.
- Welcome back! 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Hi Kaitlin, 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Thinking of you and your 3 months 4 weeks ago
- Visiting Holland 6 months 3 weeks ago
- I tried indoor skying and 7 months 3 weeks ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 9 months 3 days ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 9 months 3 days ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 9 months 3 days ago
- Oh man, I think I did 9 months 3 days ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 9 months 6 days ago