I was approached to write this review by The Anne Frank House. At this time, I do not accept money for reviews or anything of that nature on this blog. However, they thought I would be interested in their new app after reading my blog, and I am, especially since I am about to study tourism, I decided to tryout the app for myself.
Anne's Amsterdam is a new smartphone app made in conjunction with the Anne Frank House. The App is available in English, Dutch, and German. I have it on my iPhone. The App allows you to explore Anne Frank's life in the city before her family was forced into hiding. The way the app works is simple, it uses your location and shows you different monuments in town that were important to Anne's life. For example, you can see where Anne went to school, where her and Margot used to go skating, and other significant details of a young girls life.
Visiting the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam is an incredibly humbling experience. I was required to read the Diary of Anne Frank when I was in High School. Visiting her house combined with seeing her life outside in the city really gives you even more of a sense as to how terrible things really were during the German Occupation.
Whether you are an expat, a Nederlander, or a tourist to The Netherlands, I recommend that you download this free app. It is very well done, and you never know what you will discover in an unsuspecting corner of Amsterdam.
- Umm, hey, I can't take 100% 19 hours 59 min ago
- That was such an action 1 day 19 hours ago
- It really was super fun. And 1 day 22 hours ago
- Oh my gosh, thank you for 2 days 1 hour ago
- I love it too! We missed you 2 days 1 hour ago
- I'm also looking forward to 2 days 1 hour ago
- Thank you! I'm glad you found 2 days 1 hour ago
- I'm going to get one with 2 days 1 hour ago
- I will totally come visit you 2 days 1 hour ago
- Maybe because you still work 2 days 13 hours ago