I have a well documented love affair with books. Just check out this post and this one! While I love the Utrecht Library System and my kindle, sometimes you just want to own books. They are great for decorating and as conversational starters. But, books printed in English are counted as imports here which can be very expensive, especially for an expat with no job and about to go back to school.
Which is why I was so excited when in Amsterdam for an interview this week, I had time to meet up with my bud Lily. We ended up meeting at the Waterlooplein Markt, where she had already found a great deal on used English books. We shopped around, I ended up getting 10 books for 8 Euros. Pretty good deal if I say so myself. The Waterlooplein Markt is one of my favorite markets here in The Netherlands, you never know what you will find there.
Another cool market in Amsterdam is the Boeken Markt (Book Market) which takes place every Friday at Beguinage, about a15 minute walk from the Amsterdam Centraal Station. I have only been there once, but I hope to go more often when I start attending school in September.
Are you an expat? If so, where do you get your books?
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 2 weeks 17 hours ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 2 weeks 18 hours ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Oh man, I think I did 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 2 weeks 4 days ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 1 month 1 week ago
- So glad you're back! 1 month 1 week ago
- Thank you! 1 month 1 week ago
- Good luck with writing, and 1 month 1 week ago
- That sounds awesome! 3 months 1 week ago