I feel like I have not been present this week on my blog nor twitter. This is mostly because, after two years of work for the company I work for, (being the 3rd person hired and growing it from infancy,) this has been the most challenging week ever. I don't know if it is the debt ceiling or what, but clients have been even pickier than normal. As trying as this week has been, I keep on reminding myself how little time I actually have left to bring in a steady paycheck.
When I leave my job in September, there are potentially a few freelance gigs here and there, but basically, that is it for the money to come in. For first time since the age of 16, that I will have nothing that I have to go to. during the week.How do you cure an American of her workaholic tendencies? I get a lot of self satisfaction in my work ethic.The unknown scares me a little, (okay a lot.) From all I can tell, finding a job as an expat can be a challenge, especially after some new E.U sanctions.
It is time to really investigate what it is that I want to do with my life. Why is it that when you have plenty of time to do fun things, you have no money to do them? The future hubs and I will be fine financially, as long as we stick to a budget. i.e. no retail therapy. I think the bigger adjustment for me ,more so then moving to a whole new country, is going to be not bringing in the bacon and not have something to fill up my time. Very thankful for a Museumkaart!
I don't want you to worry though, because I have a grand plan. It will just take awhile to execute.
Image: Kittikun Atsawintarangkul / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Welcome back! 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Hi Kaitlin, 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Thinking of you and your 3 months 4 weeks ago
- Visiting Holland 6 months 3 weeks ago
- I tried indoor skying and 7 months 3 weeks ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 9 months 3 days ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 9 months 3 days ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 9 months 3 days ago
- Oh man, I think I did 9 months 3 days ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 9 months 6 days ago