Trash is interesting here in The Netherlands. For months after we moved into our apartment, there was a dumpster as construction crews were still working on the building next door. We now have these contraptions on our street. You put your trash in them and it disappears. Sometimes, household items are put out by them, but they almost always disappear into someone else's house before the garbage truck comes.
When you get bigger bottles here, they charge you .25. If you return the bottles you get that money back. If you want a grocery bag here, you have to buy it. For other recycling, some grocery stores have mini recycling centers in front of them.
All and all, it is a pretty cool system. If only people would use it! There are some serious litterbugs here!
- That sounds awesome! 1 week 6 days ago
- Greek cheese pie made with 2 weeks 4 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving! I won't 2 weeks 20 hours ago
- Thank you Sophia! I would 2 weeks 20 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving Kaitlin! 2 weeks 21 hours ago
- Sorry you had a bad day. :( 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Hurray for expat 2 weeks 6 days ago
- I highly recommend hosting a 3 weeks 3 days ago
- Hopping over from Melyssa's 3 weeks 3 days ago
- I'm so excited you're doing 4 weeks 1 day ago