Today, I am officially on the other side of my 20's. Yep, it is my 26th Birthday! Also known as, the first birthday I will celebrate whilst living in The Netherlands! I think we are going to keep things pretty low-key over here, But since it is now tradition, here are the 27 Things I want to accomplish by this day next year.
- Get Top Marks this year in my HBO Program. Instead of being letter grades, Dutch Students get their grades out of 10's. So this year I want 9 and 10's. Apparently no one gets 10's...
- Pass the Staatsexamen or NT2, with this I will get a diploma stating that Nederlands is my official second language!
- Read more classics! I am trying hard until 2013 to meet my 100 Books in 2012 Good Reads Challenge, but a lot of Classics have had to be bypassed because they take me a bit longer to get through. What is your favorite?
- Try 3 New Sports. Yep, I have been Olympically inspired. I am thinking Running, Rowing, and Archery.
- Learn to love my bike. I'm not afraid of it anymore, but it is still not my favorite method of transport.
- Leave The Netherlands this year. Not for permanent or anything, I just haven't been outside of The Netherlands since I moved here, and there is so much of this world to explore.
- Go to more Festivals. Maybe this year will be the return of my festival/ concert going days!
- Work Hard. With going to my degree classes fulltime, my dutch classes part time, my job part time, and wanting to start a more vigorous exercise program. My new motto is going to have to be Work Hard to Play Hard.
- Run in a race this year. Or several. I have my eye on the Den Haag Half Marathon in March.
- Write a novel. I plan on participating in November's National Novel Writing Month Challenge.
- Be more socialable. I have friends, but sometimes I am too much of a hermit, and I get really intimidated in large groups of other women.
- Stop Comparing my Life to Others. As FDR is quoted to say, Comparison is the Thief of Joy. And besides, my life is pretty incredible all on its own.
- Do more art. This used to be my life's greatest passion, I need to get back into it.
- Learn to Meditate. Quieting my mind is not something I am good at.
- Practice my cartwheels. It is ridiculous that I can no longer do one.
- Furnish the Kitchen. I have dreams of a crockpot and immersion blender.
- Learn to sew.
- Join more clubs. Really, I should put attend more club meetings also.
- Be more organized.
- Make meal plans. I think this will help me eat better.
- Spend more time in the Southern and Eastern parts of The Netherlands. I haven't gone exploring there yet.
- Become a morning person. If you sleep all day, you can't get as much done as you would like.
- Continue to grow my blog.
- Continue to save for retirement.
- Eat more veggies!
- Keep better in touch with friends and family in The States.
- Do what I say I am going to do and honor my commitments.
What do you hope to do before your next birthday?
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Oh man, I think I did 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 1 month 4 weeks ago
- Haha, life just gets in the 2 months 2 weeks ago
- So glad you're back! 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Thank you! 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Good luck with writing, and 2 months 2 weeks ago
- That sounds awesome! 4 months 2 weeks ago