I started my first official job here in The Netherlands this week! I went in for my interview on Tuesday and was able to start on Wednesday! Right now, I am working five days a week, but that will change in September, when I start my HBO program and will probably go down to two. Words can not describe how great it feels to finally have work after being virtually unemployed the entire time I have been here.Plus I really like my office, the work itself, and my colleagues!
In addition to starting a new job, there are some other really exciting things happening for me this month! My birthday is on the 14th, but I'm kind of ignoring it in favor of other things. Plus, I don't really love the way the Dutch treat birthdays, but that is for another post. I have orientation on the 30th and 31st, and I am excited to meet my new classmates for the next four years, in my 3rd attempt at But most important, my parents are going to be in town from the 23rd to September 1st. Luckily, my new boss is flexible enough to allow me to have that time off!
I am so excited for my parents to come. It will be my mom's 2nd time, she came in Jan, but this will be my stepdad's first time and I am excited to show him where I live! We are also going to Germany for the weekend when they are here to visit some family friends, and it will be the first time I have left The Netherlands since I moved here in October!
What does your month look like?
- Umm, hey, I can't take 100% 1 day 3 hours ago
- That was such an action 2 days 3 hours ago
- It really was super fun. And 2 days 6 hours ago
- Oh my gosh, thank you for 2 days 9 hours ago
- I love it too! We missed you 2 days 9 hours ago
- I'm also looking forward to 2 days 9 hours ago
- Thank you! I'm glad you found 2 days 9 hours ago
- I'm going to get one with 2 days 9 hours ago
- I will totally come visit you 2 days 9 hours ago
- Maybe because you still work 2 days 20 hours ago