This weekend was soo much fun! The sun was shining, there was not a cloud in the sky, could this really be The Netherlands. Since I have been traveling non-stop this month, I wanted to actually spend this weekend in Utrecht!
Saturday, there was a ton of stuff going on in the Center! I checked out a bit of the Le Guess Who May Day Festival and de zelf gemaakte markt.
Le Guess Who is a music festival that takes place in the Fall every year in Utrecht. I have never actually been, but I think it is kind of a big deal. They also have the Le Guess Who May Day and Mini May Day. The Mini May Day has bands popping up and playing mini shows at local businesses. The businesses would receive a new band about every 30 minutes. You could tell the local businesses that were a part of it by the giant question marks stationed outside. This one is in front of The Village Coffee and Music on Voorstraat. They actually sell coffee there, it isn't the other kind, and it is the one coffee shop that reminds me the most of the ones I would hang out in, in ATL.
What happened to my text here! Anyway, I also went to de zelf gemaakte markt. For those of you who can't translate the Dutch, think of it as an indie craft fair. It is still fairly small, but I think it is new so it will be interesting to see how it grows. I didn't buy anything, but I was inspired to start crafting again. The next one is June 30th, at the Mariaplaats.
As fun as these things were, I think probably my favorite part was walking around the Center with The Verlo, and later meeting up with All Mussed Up and making some new friends.
Oh, and randomly there were some Romans, complete with chariot. I still have no idea what this was about!?!
What did your long weekend look like?
- Welcome back! 3 weeks 5 days ago
- Hi Kaitlin, 4 weeks 9 hours ago
- Thinking of you and your 2 months 6 days ago
- Visiting Holland 5 months 1 day ago
- I tried indoor skying and 6 months 4 days ago
- Aww so sweet! I am so glad 7 months 1 week ago
- Your life is so exciting! I'm 7 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I always thought that 7 months 1 week ago
- Oh man, I think I did 7 months 1 week ago
- Glad you're back! I have to 7 months 2 weeks ago