I was really excited about today. After applying to start the process in January, having my first meeting and my placement test in April, I was finally going to find out when my actual classes would be.
Unfortunately, that did not happen. I guess I misunderstood when I had read some of the few other blogs that mention the inburgering process. I thought that my second meeting would be where I would find out when and where my classes would be. Instead, we went over the results of my four other tests that I had to take for placement. Turns out, I didn't do so hot on those. I will be starting at level one. Which is fine, that is where I thought I should be.
Because I am going to a Hogeschool in September, my contact and I had previously decided that I would take daytime classes this Summer (because they are more intensive) and I would switch to evening classes so I could do both schools. Yep, you might as well kiss my butt goodbye in September. Anyway, I had to make sure that this was still okay. My contact was a little skeptical but finally she agreed, again.
Then we had to decide where I would go to school. I was given the choice between the ROC and someplace I have never heard of. Since I am going to be living at the Centraal Station, when I go to Hogeschool and Inburgering I chose the ROC because it is located the closest. I will go in for Orientation sometime on June 4th.
That's it, that is all I know. I will get a letter from the ROC with what time orientation is, and then at some point I will find out when my classes are. My contact also mentioned that there are four classes a week! Four!?! Anyone else have this experience? I guess I will see when I finally get my class schedule!
For being such an agenda happy group of people, they sure don't make it easy for a girl to plan her life!
- That sounds awesome! 5 days 16 hours ago
- Greek cheese pie made with 6 days 1 hour ago
- Happy Thanksgiving! I won't 6 days 17 hours ago
- Thank you Sophia! I would 6 days 17 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving Kaitlin! 6 days 18 hours ago
- Sorry you had a bad day. :( 1 week 4 hours ago
- Hurray for expat 1 week 5 days ago
- I highly recommend hosting a 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Hopping over from Melyssa's 2 weeks 2 days ago
- I'm so excited you're doing 3 weeks 19 hours ago